Faster, More Powerful
Speed - Productivity - Confidence
The Thermo Scientific™ Q Exactive™ HF hybrid quadrupole-Orbitrap mass spectrometer features an ultra-high-field Orbitrap analyzer which doubles its speed and resolution – more samples run and amazing data quality. Built on the proven performance of the Q Exactive Plus platform, the Q Exactive HF mass spectrometer utilizes the same active beam guide technology and advanced quadrupole design for very stable system operation and exceptional analytical performance. The Q Exactive HF mass spectrometer is designed for your toughest discovery and quantitation challenges where the combination of speed and highest performance are essential for the highest quality scientific results.
For sales information, please send us an email!
Schematic of the Q Exactive HF
Unique Features of the Q Exactive HF
- Characterize, quantify and confirm with unmatched confidence using the Q Exactive HF mass spectrometer.
- Advanced Quadrupole technology featuring Thermo Fisher segmented HyperQuad.
- Ultra-high-field Orbitrap analyzer which doubles its speed and resolution Resolving power up to 240,000.
- Maximum scan speed 18 Hz.
- Spectral multiplexing for enhanced duty cycle.
RF-Lens ion source for increased sensitivity.
Advanced Active Beam Guide intelligent ion beam management for high flux ion sources.
- Intact Protein Mode for characterizing intact proteins with ease.
Performance Characteristics of the Q Exactive HF
Download the product specifications:
Thermo Scientific Q Exactive HF Orbitrap LC-MS/MS System
Max Resolving Power
240,000 @ m/z 200
Max Scan Rate
up to 18 Hz at resolution setting of 15,000 resolution @ m/z 200
Internal: < 1 ppm RMS
External: < 3 ppm RMS
under defined conditions
In-Source CID, HCD
FS, AIF, SIM, PRM, DIA, ddHCD
Step-less from full mass range down to 0.4 amu
One full cycle in < 1 sec (one full scan positive mode and one full scan negative mode at resolution setting of 30,000)
Up to 10 precursors/scan
One (1) analog input (0 - 1 V)
One (1) analog (0 - 10 V)
Q Exactive HF Customer References
“The peptide sequencing speed of the new Q Exactive HF is amazing; for shotgun analyses of human proteomes we now can obtain the same data in half the time. We can therefore analyze many more cell conditions than before.”
- Prof. Jesper V. Olsen, The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research
"The versatility of the new high-field Q-Exactive instrument, with its higher resolution and faster acquisition capabilities is likely to transform quantitative analyzes in the near future."
- Prof. Bruno Domon, Luxembourg Clinical Proteomics
"For data independent acquisition we need to balance precursor selectivity, duty cycle, and the target mass range of interest. The Q Exactive HF enables us to substantially improve the precursor selectivity without effecting the other parameters of the experiment. Ultimately this improves the sensitivity and quantitative dynamic range in a complex mixture"
- Prof. Michael MacCoss, University of Washington, School of Medicine