HRAM for Routine Applications
Proven – Durable – Affordable
Based on the proven Q Exactive platform, the Thermo Scientific™ Q Exactive™ Focus provides durable and reliable performance for routine laboratories doing automated screening, profiling and quantification analysis. Full scan confirmation mode and parallel reaction monitoring (PRM) provide reproducible quantitation results and targeted screening capabilities.
The Q Exactive Focus system provides best-in-class data quality at a value-price. It is ideal for routine labs performing food safety residue analysis, environmental analysis, forensic toxicology, sports doping, clinical research, metabolomics, and routine pharmaceutical analyses.
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
vDIA method is not available in the United States.
For sales information, please send us an email!
Schematic for the Q Exactive Focus
Unique features of the Q Exactive Focus
- Scan speed up to 12 Hz with Orbitrap Analyzer Technology for best Screening and Quantitative results
- Resolving power of up to 70,000 (FWHM) at m/z 200
- Routine sub ppm mass accuracy
- Linear Dynamic Range up to 6 orders of magnitude
- Multiple approaches to Quantitation including Selected Ion Monitoring (SIM), Parallel Reaction Monitoring (PRM), and Data-Independent Acquisition (DIA)
- Polarity switching for maximum compound coverage
- Higher-Energy Collisional Dissociation (HCD)
Performance Characteristics of the Q Exactive Focus
Download the product specifications:
Thermo Scientific Q Exactive Focus Orbitrap LC-MS/MS System
Mass Rangem/z 50-2,000
Max Resolving Power70,000 @ m/z 200
Max Scan Rate
Up to 12 Hz at resolution setting of 17,500
resolution @ m/z 200
Mass AccuracyInternal: < 1 ppm RMS
External: < 3 ppm RMS
under defined conditions
DissociationIn-Source CID, HCD
Scan FunctionsFS, AIF, SIM, PRM, DIA
Quad IsolationStep-less from full mass range down to 0.4 amu
Polarity SwitchingOne full cycle in < 1 sec (one full scan positive mode and one full scan negative mode at resolution setting of 35,000)
Analog InputsOne (1) analog input (0 - 1 V)
One (1) analog (0 - 10 V)
Q Exactive Focus Customer References
“I consider the Q Exactive Focus a fit-for-purpose alternative for pesticide residue analysis currently done using triple quadrupole instruments. Besides equivalent quantitative data for frequently detected compounds, the instrument provides a complementary screen of many other compounds from the same injection on one instrument.”
- Dr. Hans Mol, RIKILT Wageningen UR, Wageningen, Netherlands
"Q Exactive Focus mass spectrometer will rapidly become your gold standard because this single technology will answer your routine, quantitative and research analytical demands at an affordable price."
- Dr. Bertrand Rochat, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland