Most Advanced Mass Spectrometer for the Most Advanced Research Applications
The newest addition to our pioneering line of mass spectrometers, the Thermo Scientific™ Orbitrap Fusion™ Lumos Tribrid MS allows systems biology researchers to test new limits of quantitation and protein characterization. It incorporates the brightest ion source, a segmented quadrupole mass filter with improved selectivity and ion transmission, Advanced Vacuum Technology for improved ion transmission to the Orbitrap mass analyzer and higher-capacity ETD fragmentation. Combined, these hardware improvements enable the new tribrid instrument to excel in the most challenging applications, including analysis of low level PTMs, multiplexed relative quantitation using isobaric tags, intact protein characterization, as well as MSn analysis of small molecules.
For sales information, please send us an email!
Schematic for the Orbitrap Fusion Lumos
Unique Features of the Orbitrap Fusion Lumos
The newest Tribrid instrument takes advantage of the combination of a brighter ion source, segmented quadrupole, improved ion transmission and improved ETD performance. It is based on the Orbitrap Fusion platform and contains new hardware and software features specifically developed to improve performance in the most challenging applications in biological research areas, including proteomics, metabolomics and biopharma. They include, but are not limited to:
- A brighter ion source provided by a High Capacity Transfer Tube and an Electrodynamic Ion Funnel for increased sensitivity
- Advanced Active Ion Beam Guide for improved robustness
- Segmented quadrupole powered by Advanced Quadrupole Technology for improved precursor ion selection and transmission
- Advanced Vacuum Technology for improved vacuum in the C-trap and Orbitrap regions resulting in improved ion transfer to the Orbitrap mass analyzer
- ETD HD (High Definition ETD) incorporating a higher capacity ion-ion reaction for improved dynamic range of ETD spectra
Grant Central Resources for the Orbitrap Fusion Lumos
Every research idea matters. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, we are dedicated to helping you advance your research, and that includes becoming your scientific partner in supporting your grant application efforts. Our latest grant writing resources are listed below.
Top 5 reasons to upgrade from MS hybrid to Thermo Scientific™ Orbitrap Tribrid™ technology.
(Available early 2017)
Evolution of Orbitrap Mass Spectrometry Instrumentation
Orbitrap Fusion Lumos Tribrid Product Specifications